Saturday, September 28, 2013

Preparation of Today's Hajichi Program

本日は晴天なり

きゅうぬ、ゆかる日に、きゅうぬ、まさる日に、
うちなーぬ、芝居公演、
「針突」ぬ成功 にがやびら。
 
I just completed a draft of my MC's speech.

I am so excited to host the "Hajichi" program tonight.

It is unfortunate that we can accept limited audience for the show which will be hold  at JAA facility.

I have a special feeling for tonight's show, which is titled 'Hajichi,' meaning 'Tatoo' in the Okinawan language.

Tattoos

on the back of a woman's hand were an expression of their status in traditional Okinawa.
My late grandmother had such tattoos on her hands; I'm not sure I can watch Sumiko Kitajima's performance without crying.

Well, I am the MC, so I won't cry.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi ! I was hoping you could tell ne where to find this program, "Hajichi?"

    ReplyDelete