Saturday, May 11, 2013

My Dancing (Nihon Buyo) Life

Hi, it is almost Happy Mother's Day!
 
I hope the weather will be nicer tomorrow. We plan to have family BBQ at home
with my mother-in-law, who is visiting us from Florida this weekend.
 
Today, I am showing some photos taken in Japan when I was dancing
Japanese traditional dance (Nihon Buyo).
 
 
 
 
 
 
The National Theater in Tokyo.
  
 
I was dancing at the reception party
for my late grandmother's 88th birthday
in Okinawa. At the town hall of Senaha,
Yomitan village, Okinawa.
 

I also used to perform Nihon Buyo at
some other reception parties, including
my friend's wedding and my aunt's wedding in Tokyo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will perform Okinawan dance and sing Okinawan folk songs
 at the Asian American Festival next Saturday,
and will review the details of the event here later.

Please have a wonderful Mother's Day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment