Saturday, April 13, 2013

First Sakura Event of the season

Cherry blossom season has arrived in New York. 

Today, I attended a commemorative ceremony, celebrating the re-installation of the plaque honoring the first Japanese cherry trees planted in New York City 101 years ago,
organized by the New Heritage Theater Group. 
The event was held on the campus of City College (CCNY)
and the reception was held at Aaron Davis Hall, at City College.

Here are some photos from the reception. 

Ms. Okaru, a singer-songwriter, and I sung "Sakura Sakura" song along with
  musician Mr. Matthew. 




With the members of New Heritage Theater Group



Coincidentally, I met my friend Susan there, too!  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My second cherry blossom event to attend will be next Saturday, in Stamford, Connecticut.
I will be dressing audience members in Japanese traditional Kimono. No kidding! Please see my website (www.junkofisher.com) for details. Come on down; you can dress up in a Japanese kimono!
Please visit us at 
Mill River Park, 
Mill River Street, Stamford, CT 06902
Sakura Festival will be held on April 20 (11:00am - 2:00pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment