Thursday, June 16, 2011

Program at the North Hills Library

Thank you for all coming to my program today.


Many people joined the program, even though it was held during the middle of the afternoon in the middle of the week. It was quite surprising that a lady who joined the program said that she used to be stationed in Okinawa and made Okinawan dolls there, and she was excited to see the Okinawan dance and costumes that reminded her old life in Okinawa. I am so happy to meet people who have lived in Okinawa, and to share their stories.

After the program was completed, a Chinese man asked me whether I performed Okinawan dance as a professional; I told him "yes." He said my movements in Numui Kuduchi were very similer to Chinese martial arts. I was delighted to hear this kind of wonderful comment, and to have the audience react so very nicely.

Today, Ms. Satoka helped my program as a host, and she also joined me in playing the Sanshin at the end of the program. We sung Kunjan Jintoyo and Asadoya Yunta together. Thank you, Tomoka san, so much for helping my program today.

クイーンズ図書館でのレクチャー・デモンストレーションプログラムは一年ぶりの開催でしたが盛況でした。週中しかも昼間のプログラムにもかかわらず大勢の人たちが参加してくれてとりあえず満席。皆さん踊りも歌も楽しんでいただけたようです。

本日は、智佳さんが司会担当そして三線でも共演してくださり本当に助かりました。感謝感謝!

6月30日(木曜日)は夕方6時からWindsor Branchで開催予定ですので、お近くのがたがたは是非ご参加ください。

No comments:

Post a Comment